
OUR YEARS AS MISSIONARIES
My late wife, Jeanne, and I were Assemblies of God foreign missionaries for forty years. After language study in Switzerland, for the next eighteen years, we were stationed in the city of Koudougou, Burkina Faso (ex-Upper Volta), West Africa. In addition to village evangelism and many other responsibilities, I founded and directed THE JOYFUL SONG RECORDING STUDIO, that is still producing broadcasts that are sent to various stations in four languages.
Jeanne was the musician for the Koudougou Temple and radio choir and for the National Choir. Also, I established the Upper Volta office for the INTERNATIONAL CORRESPONDENCE INSTITUTE (ICI), and Jeanne was the secretary.
After that, we transferred to Belgium. For awhile we were with the internaional ICI office, but then transferred to CONTINENTAL THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY, near Brussels. Jeanne taught English as a second language. I taught Bible, theology, missions, and media; served as the director of student ministries, and directed a recording studio whose broadcasts were released on several stations in Europe and even in Africa. Also, during three years, I pastored the Assembly of God church, then located in Braine-l'Alleud, Belgium. During our final years as missionaries, I taught accelerated courses in various C.I.S. (former Soviet) countries. Retirement became necessary when Jeanne became too ill.
Since then, for ten years, I taught Berean study courses, including six years serving as the director of the Wichita-area Berean Study Centers (of the Kansas Assemblies of God). Now, I'm living in a retirement community at Cheney, Kansas, about twenty-five miles west of Wichita.
During these many years of teaching, I developed scores of lesson sheets. Eventually, it is my hope to post some of these titles to this blog, and they will then be available as e-mail attachments. How soon it will take for me to get this ready remains to be seen! Meanwhile, I may be contacted by e-mail at curtisdean1@sbcglobal.net
During these many years of teaching, I developed scores of lesson sheets. Eventually, it is my hope to post some of these titles to this blog, and they will then be available as e-mail attachments. How soon it will take for me to get this ready remains to be seen! Meanwhile, I may be contacted by e-mail at curtisdean1@sbcglobal.net
Curtis, you're off to a great start on your blog. I'd like to see a picture of you and Jeanne on it. I've scanned one for you and am sending it to you. mmarshal@spaciousskies.us
ReplyDelete