1.
Oh yes, I know that I am seventy-eight,
And as for me my time is getting late;
But I don’t plan to sit around and wait,
But keep on working for my Lord’s sake;
Yes, keep on working for my Lord’s sake!
2.
Perhaps no more in lands afar I’ll roam,
But I can serve Him though I’m here at home;
I’m not content to simply moan and groan,
For His love’s sweeter than the honeycomb; [1]
Yes, His love’s sweeter than the honeycomb!
3.
Where’er it is, whatever it may be,
I pray His love will still be seen in me;
Be it in words or be it in my deeds,
Just help me, Lord, to live for Thee;
Yes, help me, Lord, to live for Thee!
4.
Sometimes the toil and pressures of this world,
Keep life mixed up and often in a whirl;
And sometimes Satan’s darts at me are hurled,
But help me, Lord, keep the banner unfurled;
Yes, help me, Lord, keep the banner unfurled!
5.
Someday to Heaven’s golden shores I’ll go,
A place is waiting just as we’ve been told;
But ‘til then, ev’n if winds around me blow
Just help me, Lord, Your Word to sow,
Yes, help me, Lord, Your Word to sow!
SUMMARY
Please help me, Lord, keep the banner waving free;
And, help me, Lord, to live for Thee!
For Your love’s sweeter than honey from the bees;
So keep me working (Yes, keep me working)
JUST KEEP ME WORKING, I ASK OF THEE!
By Curtis Dean
78th Birthday: Feb. 3, 2010
[1] Psalms 19:10
Oh yes, I know that I am seventy-eight,
And as for me my time is getting late;
But I don’t plan to sit around and wait,
But keep on working for my Lord’s sake;
Yes, keep on working for my Lord’s sake!
2.
Perhaps no more in lands afar I’ll roam,
But I can serve Him though I’m here at home;
I’m not content to simply moan and groan,
For His love’s sweeter than the honeycomb; [1]
Yes, His love’s sweeter than the honeycomb!
3.
Where’er it is, whatever it may be,
I pray His love will still be seen in me;
Be it in words or be it in my deeds,
Just help me, Lord, to live for Thee;
Yes, help me, Lord, to live for Thee!
4.
Sometimes the toil and pressures of this world,
Keep life mixed up and often in a whirl;
And sometimes Satan’s darts at me are hurled,
But help me, Lord, keep the banner unfurled;
Yes, help me, Lord, keep the banner unfurled!
5.
Someday to Heaven’s golden shores I’ll go,
A place is waiting just as we’ve been told;
But ‘til then, ev’n if winds around me blow
Just help me, Lord, Your Word to sow,
Yes, help me, Lord, Your Word to sow!
SUMMARY
Please help me, Lord, keep the banner waving free;
And, help me, Lord, to live for Thee!
For Your love’s sweeter than honey from the bees;
So keep me working (Yes, keep me working)
JUST KEEP ME WORKING, I ASK OF THEE!
By Curtis Dean
78th Birthday: Feb. 3, 2010
[1] Psalms 19:10
No comments:
Post a Comment