Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I LOVE MY DAD

My Dad, he loved, he loved the Lord, and served Him faithfully;
At work, at home, his love for God was there for all to see!
In joys and difficulties, too, he faithfully pressed on,
And often we would hear him sing a joyous gospel song.

The years rolled on, through toils and tears, but Daddy never changed;
He knew what God had done for him, his life was rearranged!
His love for God was sure and firm, through hard times it would stand,
‘Till some sweet day, in Heav’n above, he’d reach the Golden Strand.

So faithfully he labored on, and raised his children, too.
He prayed that they would love the Lord and serve Him all life through.
With dedication he would lead his family all the way,
Until the day that God would call him home, in Heav’n to stay!

I love my Dad, really I do! He meant so much to me;
His love was sure, his word was firm, he knew what I should be.
When things went wrong, or days seemed long, I knew that he still cared,
I love my Dad, why shouldn’t I? His life he with me shared!
by Curtis Dean
3/25/08

No comments:

Post a Comment