Saturday, July 18, 2015

ANOTHER DAY HAS GONE


ANOTHER DAY IS GONE

by Curtis Dean

 

Just another day has gone, what if it should be my last?

What if there would be no other day on which to make amends?

What if  time I thought important, as I went on through the years,

Turned out to be all wasted simply ‘cause I would not bend?

 

What a waste of time and effort, if the work that I have done,

Has been hi-jacked by being busy and now it’s “Ichabod”?

What consolation could sooth my wounded heart, what kind of remedy

Would ever lead to peace-of-mind if the wrong road I have trod?

 

May God protect our minds, our hearts, and keep them on His goal.

And may He give us common sense to know right things to do.

Life’s too short to fool around with things that never count.

So sit down, wait on the Lord, and really think it through.

 

We must let the Holy Spirit be our ever-present Guide,

To nudge us here, to point us there, and show us when to move;

And what to say, what to express that will aid along the way.

And then the fearful, unsure heart, He will direct and sooth.

 

Once the heart is trained to listen, He’ll be glad to be our Guide,

For He points us to the Father and points us to the Son,

So, if we sense His gentle leading and learn to trust His voice,

Then He’ll grant that sweet assurance that successfully we shall run!

---------------------------------------------

This poem was written the day before a surgery.  Guess I was rather reflective!

 (C) Curtis Dean 6/27/10  May be copied for personal or classroom use.

 

“ICHABOD” = Hebrew word meaning, “NO GLORY”, because “The glory is departed…”

1 Samuel 4:21- Referring to the capture of the Ark by the Philistines.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment