Thursday, December 15, 2011

DO I LISTEN? DO I FOLLOW?

by Curtis Dean

Jesus speaks, but do I listen, Do I listen to His voice?
If I listen do I grasp it? Do I make His will my choice?
When He calls me, will I follow, Follow Him where He demands?
Would I go across the mountains, or the dangerous, desert sands?

Yes, He calls me to be faithful, this I really know for sure;
Am I willing, Lord, to do it and not yield to worldly lure?
Jesus calls me, but not me only, He wants you to join the trip;
And as we walk along life’s journey, we’ll help each other not to slip.

The wise men followed ever onward with the guidance of a star;
May we follow with faith believing, though the journey seems so far.
Have we looked with anticipation to the time when we shall see,
See the King in all His glory, in that land beyond the sea?

It is more than just the city, that we’re traveling there to see,
For we want to meet the Savior, He’s the One Who set us free;
Free to live a life that’s faithful as He gently leads us on,
Knowing that in days of struggle, He can still give us a song.

Yes, we hear, and yes, we listen, Listen as the years roll by;
Knowing that the day is coming when we’ll meet Him in the sky!
That’s our hope, our consolation, as the years pass one by one;
Knowing someday, by His mercy, we’ll hear Him say, “My child, well done!”

© by Curtis Dean, 11/18/2011
(Note: This poem was not planned. I sensed the words “Do I Listen” and felt the urge to start writing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment